Friday, December 17, 2010

goodbye 2000's ... hello...

I'm free to be whatever I
Whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
I'm free to say whatever I
Whatever I like
If it's wrong or right it's alright.....Oasis


somehow i have begun to get sentimental about the 90's. i am not sure when it started, but it's here. i don't remember them really, maybe because i was pushing so so hard in that decade, what i do recall is drinking so much to blot out the fear of dying from AIDS, and running so fast, afraid to feel what i might feel when i stopped. i kept seeing friends and acquaintance around me pass on, even if i changed cities and social circles.

i was in a mixed chorus for 5 years, singing choral music weekly and pushing sound through my body as a spiritual practice.i met several people who became fast and fantastic friends.  i got 2 DUI's in those years, and worked at the same job. i travelled many times across the globe, although never completely around it, and had hangovers on too many continents. i made friends, influenced no one, and spent more than every dime that came in. i was driven, but mainly uninspired, and i was stayed numb while i lost track of time.

so i have found myself drifting to the music of the 90's. maybe i can piece back some memories through the tracks of those years. i know i loved the garage influence. nirvana, oasis, blur, and i know that hip hop took hold like i had never imagined. so now and again i will  be posting 90's dittys. music is poetry with instruments and words, and it has been there with me, even if i don't recall. so i give a nod to the music that seems underrated in my book. "i know i heard you while i was passing in the hall, but i can't recall your name"

No comments:

Post a Comment