Saturday, December 1, 2012

singles


image credit.. ddmag.. tumblr

In music, a single or record single is a type of release, typically a recording of fewer tracks than an LP record or an album. This can be released for sale to the public in a variety of different formats. In most cases, the single is a song that is released separately from an album, but it usually appears on an album. Often, these are the most popular songs from albums that are released separately for promotional uses such as commercial radio airplay, and in other cases a recording released as a single does not appear on an album....wikipedia

i injured my knee at cardio class about a month ago. i had been working out regularly until that point. i had begun to drop some inches and my clothes had been fitting better. the weight has been coming back on and i find myself eating emotionally. it annoys me, but there it is. i have been immersing myself in the new position at my workplace and have met about 45 new patients this month. i will be working with them fairly regularly and it has been a challenge to try to absorb personal information about them.

the changes continue to manifest themselves in me and around me. i have scheduled myself tightly over the next month. i am working 40 hours at one job, 2 evenings at another job, and then i have 10 parties on the books in december as well. i borrowed some cash to bring "the anonymous people" to denver and i want to get most of that paid back. sadly, i have distanced myself from the organization that i was working with at the time, but the debt is mine.

i am working on re-imaging a support group i facilitate. i haven't made all the final decisions yet, just mulling them over. i am posting the ideas here- but i have added one more - we'll see how it goes. i moved the times on the group from late afternoon on friday to a lunchtime thing. i got the idea from a 1990's chicago magazine by the name of "gab" which i always found entertaining. i did contact malone sizelove (founder of gab) to ask permission to use the name. these are meant to be 4"x4" cards printed both sides- the 1st image will be on every card and then i am trying to ascertain what to place on the back. i have asked jenna (rocket house design) to try an old cover from "confidential magazine" as well. i would love to know what you think.

RR Gab Card Looks

i have encounter a german man on youtube and found his taste in music to be remarkable. he could easily have classic german minimalist taste, but i have become a huge fan and an idea-snatcher. somehow i stumbled upon his posts and discovered nicolas jaar and clown and sunset, which has honestly revolutionized my concept of music in 2012.


1 comment:

  1. I prefer a healthy approach to fresh living, but other than that, I like them(I also have strange taste, so nevermind me).

    Meeting 45 new patients in a month. . .I hope you take some protective measures with your emotions, because that is a big load. Altogether, you've taken on quite a lot, invaded by your choices. Take a little something for yourself if possible. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete