Friday, January 7, 2011

good morning friend


Good morning, son



I am a bird


Wearing a brown polyester shirt


You want a Coke?


Maybe some fries?


The roast beef combo's only $9.95


It's okay, you don't have to pay


I've got all the change






Everybody knows


It hurts to grow up


And everybody does


It's so weird to be back here


Let me tell you what


The years go on and


We're still fighting it, we're still fighting it


And you're so much like me


I'm sorry
i title this good morning friend as i don't have a son. i do, however, mentor people fairly regularly. and the struggles wear different clothes and come in different packages, but don't seem to change that much. i have been listening to ben folds this morning and there is a melancholy to his words and music that is laced with light and frivolity. i hope this is what i share with you this morning my friends..

we published the Winter 2010 newsletter yesterday. you can read it at http://www.ontheten.com/

again, good morning friend... and hello weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment