Friday, July 15, 2011

fad

strangely, i have been entranced by everything roller boogie this last week. i do feel empathy for my facebook friends because they endure all the crazy posts i slam to satisfy my obsession. linda blair, patrick swayze whip it, roller derby, roller disco, even gene kelly tap dancing with roller skates. it has been (like most weeks) a fashion and an escape for me. i have re-introduced myself to a fad and had fun researching and remembering and connecting some dots. i think one of my favorites that i rediscovered was the recent film roll bounce. the skating scenes and the characters are so very like-able.

so this week the fad has been roller boogie. i have enmeshed myself with 70's funk and disco and revisited almost every roller skating film. and i'll leave you with a scene from roll bounce. hava damn fine weekend..

No comments:

Post a Comment