Saturday, November 17, 2012

dreams


Dragonfly out in the sun, you know what I mean, don't you know,
Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean.
Sleep in peace when day is done: that's what I mean,
And this old world is a new world and a bold world for me...

Stars when you shine, you know how I feel
Scent of the pine, you know how I feel
Yeah, freedom is mine, and I know how I feel..
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me
[scat]
And I'm feelin'... good
....Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse

i can't be sure of the path that 2013 will lead me, but i am confident i am moving.  there are nuances that have reshaped my vision and my plans. i have shifted my daily routine towards working with opioid replacement clients specifically. as i meet the individuals who populate my caseload, i am struck by the cacophonous nature of their presentations. self-esteem, heartache, balance, finance, loneliness, secrets, fear, misinformation, prejudice, stigma, education, comfort are just some of the challenges i would love to address. 

i find myself poised at a turning point. i am moving. it is like a dream. i have only a few dreams i remember. most dreams drift out into space just as they drifted in- without warning and without fanfare. but there are dreams that linger. they leave an impression. they imprint. they tattoo. they scar. they become a part of me. they shape my thoughts. 

although the dreams i remember are few, they are remarkable none-the-less. there are dreams i have when i am awake however, that really provide most of the inspiration for my life. i don't have to be asleep to receive messages and thoughts from the source. i am graced with inspiration on a routine basis. my brain has been fine-tuned to precision and continues to produce ideas and solutions with enviable rhythm. pictures, words, and music are all grist for the mill. my dreams are my life. i am very thankful for this. 

happy thanksgiving.

There will always be a poem 
I will climb on top of it and come
In and out of time,
Cocking my head to the side slightly,
As I finish shaking, melting then
Into its body, its soft skin 
is not a lie
--Jim Carroll,




No comments:

Post a Comment